Jan 29, 2010
Jan 27, 2010
Jan 25, 2010
- Simply lay a blank ribbon into the back cover of a book and fold it over all the pages until it hangs down the front cover.
- Leave 1/2" extra on both ends, then trim the ends.
- Run the ribbon through a round or oval shaped jewelry link on both ends (you can find these as any craft store) and glue it to itself with a hot glue gun (grown-ups only please!).
- Add any charm you like...I bought this initial charm for my daughter, who loves to read! The whole thing cost me about $3.00!
- Pair with a favorite book for a inexpensive, but thoughtful gift.
- Use to Challenge your children to read. Keep track of their reading time, and when they reach a certain goal, add a new charm. I tried this with my 8 year old, and she loved it! She get's to help me pick out the new charms for her bookmark when she reaches her goal!
- Make these at a birthday party as a favor, use as a 'Mothers Day' or 'Grandparent' Gift
- Perfect for the person you don't know what to get them!
Jan 23, 2010
Jan 21, 2010
Jan 16, 2010
Jan 13, 2010
Difficulty: Easy! Time: 10 min or less
Easy, fast and cheap! I made these for my girls for Valentines day! Reminds me of Fancy Nancy!
- Choose your favorite color of Feather Boa (available at twigglebox.com for $2.99)
- Cut into 2” strips, or longer if you wish.
- Use a Hot Glue Gun (grown-ups only please) to secure to your choice of clip. (I used plastic barrettes with teeth, you could also use alligator clips, or other)
- Tie with short string for extra security. (Pictured is a white string for visibility, but I like to use the clear elastic jewelry making string, available at most craft stores)
- Clip into pony tail, or into a headband or hat!
Now you have an easy valentine gift, or at least a funky hair style! Have Fun!
Embellish any box, bucket or vase with Feather Boas for a cute and ‘fancy’ valentine look! My kids made these for their teacher valentine gifts, they were super easy, inexpensive and cute! Fill with chocolate dipped pretzels, or a store bought candy like conversation hearts.
Pick a plain box or bucket (I purchased mine at the dollar store)
Pick a colorful feather boa (you can find these HERE for only $2.99)
Plug in your Hot Glue Gun (parents only, please!)
Glue feather boa around the top of box.
You’re done! You can trim some of the feathers for a less poofy look!
Jan 12, 2010
Difficulty: EASY! Time: 30-60min
I made these for a Spy party we had at our church, and they turned out cute! I tried to convince my daughter to have a spy birthday, but no-go. Maybe next year!
- I purchased Manilla Coin envelopes, size 31/2” by 6”
- Stamp the envelopes using alphabet stamps with “Confidential” and “Top Secret”
- Inside put the ‘assignment’ for your agents. Use a typewriter font.
CASE FILE 1.16.2010
ATTN: CALLING ALL SECRET AGENTS!
YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO A HIGH
ATTEND AMBERS BIRTHDAY PARTY
FIND OUT ALL PERTINENT INFORMATION
ABOUT TURNING 8. EAT A LOT. PLAY
GAMES. HAVE FUN.
YOUR MISSION WILL COMMENCE:
SAT, JANUARY 16th AT 10:00am
1234 MAIN STREET
AMBERS MOM: 345-3453
COMMIT THIS MESSAGE TO MEMORY,
AND YOUR MOMS CALENDAR, THEN
I stamped the top of the letter with TOP SECRET in Red ink.
These were fun and easy to make. If you’re mailing these, just be careful about the placement of your ‘confidential’ stamps on the envelope, so you wont interfere with the address or stamps.
Jan 1, 2010
I look forward to hearing from you!